SalesDay2017 was an event hosted by BBA students in 15th September 2017 at TAMK. We were a part of the organizing team of the event. The event involved excellent and inspirational sales professionals that spoke of today’s sales from their own perspective: Julius Tuomikoski, Tanja Piha, Jussi Liimatainen, Veera Lehtismäki, Samuli Myllyharju, Reijo Karhulahti, Peer Haataja and Mika D. Rubanovitsch. The event also provided an opportunity for students and participating companies to network.
The day comprised the following elements:
– Describing the study path of sales professionals by TAMK coach Vesa Vuorinen and study adviser Paula Lamminen
– Discussion panel “Revi siilot, kaikki myy!” (Tear down silos, everything sells!)
– Future and opportunities of sales professionals
– Changing marketing as part of successful sales
– Sales expertise in the Tampere region
– Students connecting with company representatives at Y-campus.
The event was also streamed online so that viewers were able to take part in conversations through Twitter. Discussions were very active throughout the event. #SalesDay was trending as a top 2 tweet that day (15th September 2017) according to @twiitit and @pinnalla.
The atmosphere was great and innovative. Both participants and we organizers were happy with the outcome. We got tips and important experience for future challenges.
Text and photos: Emilia Leppänen and Aino Rajala (16Liko4)